CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website or otherwise contact us, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us, including between you and our website.
- Through or as a result of your entry upon any of our facilities or in connection with our operations, or attendance at an event organized or hosted by us.
- As a result of any transactions made with us.
- Any paper submitted by you to us offline.
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information: personal information and anonymous information. We collect certain personal information that you provide to us while signing up for our company newsletter. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, including:
- Personal identifiers you provide when you provide information for orders or when subscribing to our newsletter, including your first and last name, address, email address, telephone number, or any personal identifiers you provide to us when communicating with us.
We also received anonymous information which means information that does not identify a specific individual.
3. HOW WE COLLECT DATA
4. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
Ames collects and processes personal information from you primarily to communicate with, and uses anonymous data to maintain, operate, and improve our website, including to analyze website traffic and run analytics, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience by personalizing content.
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
Ames does not sell or otherwise disclose for monetary consideration your personal information to other parties. Ames may share anonymous data to analyze our website traffic and improve its performance.
6. DATA SECURITY
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your personal information are extremely important to us. Ames has implemented technical and administrative security measures that are designed to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
7. COOKIES AND ANALYTICAL TOOLS
Most browsers support cookies and allow visitors to disable or block them. You can set your browser so that all cookies will be rejected or that you will receive a message when a cookie is being sent. However, some functions or services on our website may not work properly without cookies. Unless you disable cookies or do not accept our cookies, by using our website and online services, you agree that you accept these types of cookies and related technologies on your device. Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our website is not currently set up to respond to these signals.
Analytic tools, such as Google Analytics, may also be used to help make our website work better and help us understand how you use our website and what parts of our website are being utilized.
8. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
Ames never sells your personal information to other parties for any purpose, and has not sold your personal information for any monetary benefit in the last twelve (12) months.
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ames processes and stores your personal information based on its business needs, to the extent needed to maintain our relationship with you, to the extent requested by you by signing up for communications from us, and to comply with legal obligations.
10. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California consumers have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Your Rights and Choices Under the CCPA
Right to Request Disclosure About the Data Collected About You
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that Ames disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we have received and verified your request, we will disclose to you:
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
However, Ames will not at any time in response to a request disclose a consumer’s financial account number, an account password, or security questions and answers.
Ames is not required to retain any personal information collected for a single, one-time transaction, if the information is not regularly retained by Ames, or re-identify any anonymous or de-identified information, in order to disclose that information to you.
Deletion Request Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that Ames delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we have received and verified your request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
If you are a California resident and you wish to exercise your rights to access the information Ames has collected about you and/or request that Ames delete the information about you, you will need to submit a verifiable consumer request so that Ames is able to corroborate your identity and provide your information to you.
To exercise you rights, please submit a verifiable request by:
- Calling us at (1-833-378-0865)
- Email us at Optout@amesco.com
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information for data and to delete data. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for data access twice within a 12-month period.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. Any request to delete submitted through an online request you will first be required to submit the request, and the second, separately confirm that you will want the information deleted.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights after you have exercised those rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, in response to exercising your rights, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
12. CONTACT US